1127 Hank Aaron Drive SW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30315 | 404.586.9562
Please read in its entirety before picking a date.
You have two options to sponsor Iftar at Masjid Al-Muminun, catering independently or catering through Masjid Al-Muminun:
- Cater independently, in this case, make sure you follow the food quantity as listed below, cleaning afterwards is required. Please see cleaning section below.
- Masjid Al-Muminun kitchen should only be used to heat up food unless specified prior to your day to cater. Cleaning afterwards is required, please see cleaning section below.
- Cater through Masjid Al-Muminun. Total cost is $400 (this can be split between all hosting families). Cleaning afterwards is required, please see cleaning section below.
- For questions regarding using Masjid Al-Muminun kitchen usage or catering through Masjid Al-Muminun, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Number of attendees
We expect roughly 75 attendees during the weekdays and 100 attendees on the weekends insha Allah . Please keep in mind other factors may affect the number attendees, such as weather conditions, and how many friends and family you may have invited. Please note that the Masjid Event Coordinator will make every attempt to gather information from other Masjids to see if they do not have a planned Iftar for that day. In this event, event coordinator will let you know to expect more, insha Allah. Additionally, please expect at least 30 extra attendees on the evenings in which the Masjid hosts the Ramadan sessions. The dates are Thursday, June 16 through Sunday, June 19.
Each person/group hosting should be responsible for cleaning up afterwards. If you gather that you will not be able to handle this chore, please let us know ahead of time. As a rule, many of the people in attendance will not mind helping in the end, so please gather individuals to help with the cleanup. It is the hosting groups’ responsibility to coordinate the cleaning to assure that it is done properly; however, let us know if you need help finding helpers. The Masjid will charge $100 to those that do not adhere to these stipulations regarding cleaning. These cleaning stipulations are required regardless of if you are catering independently or catering through the Masjid.
Here is a list of things that should be done. Thank you.
- Tables, countertops and chairs should be wiped down
- Dishes cleaned
- Floors swept
- Carpet vacuumed
- Furniture placed back to its original positions
- Please take left-over food with you (unless discussed with event coordinator or any other Masjid official) (We suggest that you deliver any left-over food to the Homeless).
Suggested Food Quantity, Weekdays
- Meat –> 3 large trays (30lb of Meat)
- Chicken–>3 large trays (45lb of Chicken)
- Vegetables –> 3 large trays
- Rice –> 3 large trays
- Salad –>2 large trays
- Soup –>Big pot
- Fresh fruit –> 3 big trays
- Pita bread –> 2 large trays
Suggested Food Quantity, Weekends
- Meat –> 4 large trays (40lb of Meat)
- Chicken–>4 large trays (60lb of Chicken)
- Vegetables –> 4 large trays
- Rice –> 4 large trays
- Salad –>3 large trays
- Soup –>Big pot
- Fresh fruit –> 4 big trays
- Pita bread –> 3 large trays
- Pizza/pasta/desert & drinks
Responsibilities of the Hosts
- Please plan to arrive 45 minutes early to set up the serving area.
- Servicing or obtaining servers.
- All meat should be halal.
- You are expected to be at the Iftar for the duration. (Typically to Ishaa Salat)
- Please see cleaning section
- If you need to cancel, please give us 48 hours to find a replacement.
Responsibilities of the Masjid
The Masjid will provide plates, cups, napkins, utensils, juice, condiments, break fast materials and water.
Should you require any further information, please contact us at email@example.com
Current Sign-up Sheets
Ramadan Iftar Sign Up